KNOW YOUR RIGHTS & STAY IN SCHOOL!
If you are worried about dropping out of school because of public assistance requirements, we can help!
- Provisions of the 4 Year College Rule
- Provisions of the NYS Work Study/Internship Law
- HRA’s New Access to Education Fact Sheet—FIA 1064c
- Requirements for HRA-TAG & CUNY-EDGE Programs
- Childcare & other Training Related Expenses (TRE) resources
- Your Rights to Accommodations for Class, Lab, Tutoring & Homework hours
- Understanding the Fair Hearing Process
Hunter College, North Building, 3rd floor
WRI’s Conference Room, 302HN
CUNY has lost over 21,000 students due to counter productive welfare policy. We cannot lose one more!
January 30, 2019 – SPRING SNACK & CHAT
February 27, 2019
March 27, 2019
April 17, 2019
For more information contact: 212-650-3592/www.wri-ny.org.
This event is sponsored by Welfare Rights Initiative (WRI) c/o Hunter College-CUNY, (Hunter North Building) 3rd Fl, Room 302; NY, NY 10065 (Directions to Hunter College #6 train to 68th Street/Lexington Ave).
Welfare Rights Initiative (WRI) is a student advocacy and leadership training organization that mobilizes students to advocate for themselves and others. As college students who know welfare firsthand, we promote access to education and training for people receiving public assistance (Call WRI @ 212-650-3592).